Experienced Tax and IRS Voluntary Disclosure Lawyers for Boston Taxpayers, Businesses
Washington Experience – Boston Convenience
Thorn Law Group is an experienced tax litigation law firm focused on successfully representing you in sensitive federal tax disputes, tax controversies and tax litigation problems. Thorn Law Group represents clients all over the United States and in many foreign countries, and consults with local counsel throughout the world on a variety of complex tax matters.
Thorn Law Group helps clients in the Boston area and throughout New England resolve complex tax, financial and professional ethics issues. Our tax attorneys specialize in the areas of:
- Business Tax Law;
- Employment Tax Law;
- Criminal Tax Investigations;
- Offshore Bank Accounts and Foreign Companies;
- International Tax;
- IRS Audits and Appeals; and
- Voluntary Disclosure.
While we serve the Boston area, the lawyers at Thorn Law Group have experience practicing across the country and internationally, before the:
- Internal Revenue Service;
- United States Tax Court;
- Department of Justice;
- Court of Federal Claims;
- Various state courts;
- Various ethics tribunals including the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility;
- IRS Whistleblower Office;
- Various international legal tribunals.
The firm’s list of clients includes business owners and executives based in Boston and beyond, including:
- Trusts and estates; and
- Financial institutions.
Whether your tax issues arise from transactions or activity in the U.S.A., Switzerland, Russia, the Caribbean, India, Asia or any other region, our team of experienced tax lawyers can help you obtain tax relief. We will work with you from our offices in Boston – close to our clients and in the heart the vibrant Financial District – or Washington, DC - strategically located near the major U.S. Government tax offices and courts.
The tax attorneys at the Thorn Law Group represent individual taxpayers, entities and professionals:
- Seeking to make voluntary disclosures of previously unreported income, foreign bank accounts and foreign trusts and businesses;
- Who are under investigation by the IRS Criminal Investigation Division (CI) and the U.S. Department of Justice;
- Who have received Information Document Requests (IDRs) regarding their foreign bank accounts and/or interest in foreign assets;
- Who are currently under audit by the IRS or need help with a tax settlement or Offer in Compromise before IRS Appeals; and
- Who are in the process of filing their Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) forms or other Information Reporting Forms.
Thorn Law Group’s tax attorneys possess a thorough understanding of tax law and are well-known throughout the country in their respective areas of practice. They are highly-regarded legal professionals in such disciplines as civil and criminal tax law, tax controversy and litigation, IRS collection actions, employment and business tax law, complex civil litigation, financial law, international law, and professional ethics. Thorn Law Group is also a leading provider of legal and tax compliance services in connection with the reporting and disclosure of foreign trusts and business entities, as well as Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR).