BOSTON TAX ATTORNEY – THORN LAW GROUP
Julie Sorenson is an associate with Thorn Law Group. Ms. Sorenson received her Juris Doctor degree from George Washington University Law School and served as a legal intern with both the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) and the United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Ms. Sorenson advises and assists individual taxpayers, businesses and other entities located in the Boston area, across the United States and in countries throughout the world. Her practice covers a wide variety of domestic and international taxation issues and disputes, including:
- International Tax Compliance. Helps guide individuals and corporate clients through the complex maze of international tax compliance rules and requirements.
- Offshore Disclosures. Assists clients with IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) filing and reporting requirements.
- Criminal Tax Law. Assists clients facing criminal tax investigations and criminal charges for violations of the Internal Revenue Code along with other financial crimes.
- Office of Professional Responsibility. Represents individual and corporate clients in Circular 230 disciplinary proceedings before the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility.
- FATCA Compliance. Assists clients in meeting IRS reporting requirements applicable to foreign bank accounts, foreign trusts and other offshore accounts and assets, including the filing of FATCA Form 8938 – Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets.
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS), Legal Intern, 2011
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Office of General Counsel, Legal Intern, 2010
- George Washington University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of Maryland, Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Italian, 2008
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia (pending)
- Business Tax Law
- Criminal Tax Law
- Offshore Bank Accounts
- International Tax/FATCA
- IRS Voluntary Disclosure
- IRS Audits & Litigation