BOSTON CRIMINAL TAX ATTORNEY – THORN LAW GROUP
A recent graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, Peter Rho joined the firm as an associate in 2016.
Mr. Rho works with individual taxpayers, corporate executives, banks, trusts and other organizations operating in the Boston region, throughout the U.S. and abroad to bring sensitive tax controversies to a swift and successful conclusion. His tax practice encompasses a multitude of national and international tax law matters, including:
- Criminal Tax Law. Works to minimize the potential criminal exposure of clients facing government investigations and indictments for tax fraud and other financial crimes.
- International Tax Law. Assists senior attorneys on complex international tax matters, including disputes involving international banks and compliance with both Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR) requirements and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). Helps to guide individual and corporate clients holding foreign financial assets through detailed FATCA reporting requirements.
- Offshore Bank Accounts. Helps clients throughout the Boston region with undisclosed foreign accounts reduce the risk of criminal prosecution and severe financial penalties through participation in the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program.
- IRS Audits and Litigation. Works with clients involved in tax audits, tax appeals and tax litigation disputes to bring proceedings before the IRS, DOJ, U.S. Tax Court and state taxing authorities.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015
- Missouri State University, Bachelor of Science, 2010
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia (pending)
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Business Tax Law
- Criminal Tax Law
- Offshore Bank Accounts
- International Tax/FATCA
- IRS Voluntary Disclosure
- IRS Audits & Litigation