BOSTON TAX ATTORNEY – THORN LAW GROUP
Tarah Kane is a senior associate with Thorn Law Group. She joined our firm in 2010 and is admitted to practice in both Massachusetts and the District of Columbia.
Ms. Kane leverages an in-depth understanding of national and international tax law matters to help clients resolve challenging tax law problems and disputes. Her practice involves counseling and advising individual taxpayers, small and mid-size corporations, executives, financial institutions and other entities operating in Boston and worldwide on a full range of sophisticated tax issues, including:
- Tax Controversies and Litigation. Handles tax law disputes and litigation matters in proceedings before the IRS, IRS Office of Appeals, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Tax Court and other tribunals that preside over federal and state tax cases.
- Tax Planning. Works with high net worth individuals and other taxpayers to develop tax planning strategies that best support their personal and financial objectives.
- Disclosure of Offshore Accounts and Assets. Helps clients with undeclared offshore accounts obtain protection from potential criminal liability through participation in the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program.
- Reporting Requirements under FATCA. Navigates clients through the information reporting requirements and tax withholding rules under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- Criminal Tax Law. Advises individuals and organizations under investigation by the IRS Criminal Investigation Division (CI) for tax fraud and other financial criminal activities.
- University of Washington School of Law, LL.M in Taxation
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- Business Tax Law
- Criminal Tax Law
- Offshore Bank Accounts
- International Tax/FATCA
- IRS Voluntary Disclosure
- IRS Audits & Litigation