Experienced Tax Attorneys

Call Us Confidentially Now: 617-692-2989

Call us confidentially now:


You Deserve Confidentiality & Trusted Tax Law Experience

Get Help Now
Arts Cannabis Entertainment Real Estate Sports
Arts Cannabis Entertainment Real Estate Sports

Ethics and Professional Responsibility

In Boston, as well throughout the country, tax professionals need to protect their most valuable asset –their professional licenses and reputations.  When a tax professional’s license or a firm’s reputation is on the line, the best possible representation is necessary for dealing with investigations into alleged professional misconduct. At Thorn Law Group, we have successfully represented tax professionals, law firms, accounting firms, and other entities being investigated by Government agencies and professional accrediting bodies over ethics issues, preparer penalties, and allegations of professional malpractice.  Specifically, the firm has extensive experience in representing individuals and firms before the Internal Revenue Service, the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Professional Responsibility (“OPR”), the United States Tax Court, and other federal and state agencies tasked with disciplining professional conduct.

As former attorneys for the Internal Revenue Service, the United States Tax Court, and the IRS’s Office of Professional Responsibility, we know how government agencies and professional societies conduct their investigations.  This knowledge enables us to advise our clients through the complicated investigatory procedures and help them present their cases in the best possible light.  Thorn Law Group is also uniquely positioned to assist tax practitioners in licensing and disciplinary matters arising from the IRS Return Preparer Initiative.

Thorn Law Group effectively represents our clients in the following areas:

Contact the Thorn Law Group today to find out more about how we can help you keep your license.  For a consultation, contact Kevin E. Thorn, Managing Partner, at ket@thornlawgroup.com or (617) 692-2989.

Back to the top